Nutrition Evidence - About
Nutrition Evidence is the UK’s first scientific database of nutrition and lifestyle medicine research. It focuses on high-quality, human research and other science-supported information and is designed as a comprehensive platform for practitioners, academic researchers and students. The powerful, yet simple search functionality uses functional and lifestyle medicine filters to support evidence-based clinical decision making in personalised nutrition practice.
What makes Nutrition Evidence stand out?
- Nutrition Evidence includes high quality human nutrition and lifestyle medicine research only. All research on the platform is useable in clinical practice by
- Nutrition Practitioners and others working in the lifestyle medicine arena.
- Nutrition and lifestyle medicine research is categorised using functional and lifestyle medicine filters to support evidence-based clinical reasoning in personalised nutrition practice.
- As well as the usual medical database search functions, it provides an easy-to-use search functionality which enables searches by functional/physiological systems, modifiable lifestyle factors, laboratory test filters, as well as publication type, availability of resource and date. To learn how to do this, watch this short video.
- Plain language summaries and expert opinion on a growing number of research articles, offering quick assimilation of the science and access to industry leader viewpoints.
- Houses a broad range of nutrition and lifestyle medicine resources on one platform, including peer-reviewed journal articles, clinical monographs, practice guidelines, scientific podcasts and blog posts.
- Directed by an Editorial Board working in nutrition and lifestyle medicine research, who share the ambition of making Nutrition Evidence the go-to platform for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine Practitioners and students of nutrition.
Make informed recommendations based on the latest science
- Nutrition Evidence is updated weekly as new science is released and contains high-quality research relevant to all practitioners in the areas of functional nutrition, dietetics, and lifestyle medicine.
- The database includes randomised controlled trials, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, review articles, cohort and observational studies. It also contains a range of podcasts, blog posts, guidelines and product monographs, providing mixed media for knowledge creation.
- On a monthly basis, a number of newly released articles, curated by an Editorial Board, are enriched by the BANT indexing team. These enhanced papers include plain language summaries and pathophysiological categorisation, enabling quick assimilation of the science, the ability to search by category of dysfunction and share with social media followers.
- Oversight of the database is provided by an Editorial Board. A panel of expert reviewers provide insights into key studies on trending nutrition and lifestyle topics.
Nutrition Evidence is available open access, making quality nutrition and lifestyle science freely available to all practitioners. Subscribers to the database receive a free monthly alert featuring industry leaders’ top picks of research for the month, and a curated list of newly enhanced studies to keep abreast with the latest in nutrition sciences.
The database is financially supported through advertising and sponsorship from food and nutrition related companies, education establishments and other societies. If you are interested in supporting the database and would like more information on the opportunities available, please browse here and contact Clare Grundel, BANT Science and Education Manager, at email@example.com for details of bespoke packages.
The database is continuously developed and expanded. If you have any comments or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.